Re: 2.6.20->2.6.21 - networking dies after random time

From: Jarek Poplawski
Date: Tue Jun 26 2007 - 04:00:30 EST

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 08:10:17AM +0200, Marcin Ślusarz wrote:
> I reproduced it on minimal config:

Hm... This method is usable if you can find such minimal config
with which the bug cannot be reproduced. Then you can add more
until the bug is back. Of course, this takes time...

We know your hardware should be OK - since it was fine with 2.6.20.
We don't know how much your configs (kernel & apps) have changed.
Sometimes the change of kernel needs some apps to be recompiled too.
That's why it could be usable to try 2.6.21 from a live distro to
find if it's really kernel's fault.

And, alas, this log doesn't seem to tell nothing new...

Regards,
Jarek P.