Re: How innovative is Linux?

From: Helge Hafting
Date: Tue Jun 26 2007 - 08:40:42 EST

Grozdan Nikolov wrote:
Hello gentlemen and ladies.

As a Linux user for many years now (regulars user, not a programmer), I want to congratulated you all for the great work you all have done in making Linux widely supported and compatible with a lot of hardware. Recently, I was on a search to see how the Linux kernel itself compares to other Unix kernels (*BSD, Solaris, AIX, etc) in terms of *real* innovation.
It certainly has an innovative licence - which is why
it is attracting developers and replacing most of those other unices . . .

Helge Hafting