Re: Frequent SATA resets with sata_nv (fwd)

From: Heinz Ulrich Stille
Date: Tue Jun 26 2007 - 13:59:19 EST

On Tuesday 26 June 2007, Matthew "Cheetah" Gabeler-Lee wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Jun 2007, Robert Hancock wrote:
> I selected that model in part because it at least claimed to support
> NCQ. I'm not sure if it reflects NCQ or not, but I do have
> /sys/block/sd[abc]/device/queue_{depth,type} which show simple and 31
> respectively. Samsung's page for the drive also says it supports NCQ:

I seem to have the same problem, just not as frequent: four drives of this
type, connected to an SiI 3132 and an nVidia MCP55; resets occur on both
controllers, and only with this drive type, not with several Maxtor 6B200M0.
I never thought to check, but all drives on the nv controller have NCQ
disabled according to /sys/block. So maybe it's not (directly) NCQ related?

MfG, Ulrich

--
Heinz Ulrich Stille / Tel.: +49-541-9400473 / Fax: +49-541-9400450
design_d gmbh / Wilhelmstr. 16 / 49076 Osnabrück / www.design-d.de