Re: Limiting load of certain processes

From: Jan Kandziora
Date: Wed Jun 27 2007 - 15:10:03 EST

Am Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2007 15:06 schrieb Maxim Levitsky:

> Well, I almost sure that this is not true,
> or maybe you are not using dosemu 1.4.0, and other one behaves differently.
>
> Anyway, if I run dosemu 1.4.0 with that setting and stock freedos
> command.com the cpu usage is well below 5%, and dosemu task is not reniced
> There are even times that I forget that dosemu is running.

It's like I wrote in the top post. The problem is not command.com or some
other freedos application, but an old, proprietary clipper DB application,
which, in a lot of situations, doesn't behave nice but loops while waiting
for user interaction.

I tested with dosemu 1.4.0 btw. With dosemu 1.2.x, clipper apps aren't even
working.

> Also I don't know why but dosemu 1.4.0 has new sound system that is way
> better that 1.2 one, but it is not enabled so you need to set $_sound=(2)
> to get it, what is nice is that this one uses SDL ( read alsa) for output,
> and has OPL3 emulation, so MIDI plays out of box

Nice, but out of my focus...

Kind regards

Jan