Re: libata-bug in 2.6.21.5 on amd64 with ali chipset

From: Hemmann, Volker Armin
Date: Thu Jun 28 2007 - 05:06:54 EST

On Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2007, you wrote:

> It has worked in the past. I will try different kernels in the next
> 24hours.

I tried this kernels:
2.6.20
2.6.20.1
2.6.21
2.6.21.1
2.6.21.3
2.6.21.5

2.6.21.5 with and without cfs. Every other kernel without cfs. Patched with
reiser4, nvidia not loaded nor used. All of them locked up. I tried two
different cdrtools 2.01.01_alpha27 and alpha25. No change.

The strange thing: 2.6.21.1 has worked in the past. At the 21.May I tried
(successfully) to burn a dvd. The only real change I could find since then: I
recompiled the whole system to remove 'ricer' cflags.

Glück Auf
Volker