Re: Is it time for remove (crap) ALSA from kernel tree ?

From: Tomasz Kłoczko
Date: Thu Jun 28 2007 - 07:50:58 EST

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007, Patrick Draper wrote:

Rene Herman wrote:
So -- the fact that mixing actually works for you when using libaoss means software mixing is working correctly for your ALSA setup. The only thing you should do is _use_ ALSA (natively) and not its OSS emulation so you can drop the library preload.

Cool. How do I go about figuring out what every app uses? For example, you mentioned that the flash 9 plugin, which I also use, is an ALSA aware application. How do you know? I need the check out everything that I use which needs sound (vmware, skype, kmplayer, etc.) I don't have source code for at least two of those.

If can I join .. (again)
After upgrade to skype 1.4.x all sound output in skype I have only in left channel. Serching for skype+left+channel on google shows many people have this kind problem :>
ALSA does not privide application mixer settings on application level. Some messages on skype forums suggests some workarouds in ~/.asoudrc but where is documentation for this part ?
Anywhere are described ALSA diagnostics procedures/technics ?

kloczek
*Ludzie nie mają problemów, tylko sobie sami je stwarzają*
Tomasz Kłoczko, sys adm @zie.pg.gda.pl|*e-mail: kloczek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx*