Re: man-pages-2.59 and man-pages-2.60 are released

From: Alexander E. Patrakov
Date: Fri Jun 29 2007 - 04:55:50 EST

Michael Kerrisk wrote:

Well, I think all that LFS seems to want is links that are
stable "for a while" (since I don't suppose that they want
to use really old tarballs in any case). So, for the benefit of LFS, I'll just be less aggressive about
moving tarballs into "Old" (I'll leave them sitting in http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/manpages/
for a few months at least.)

If this helps, here is the version information.

Stable LFS (version 6.2, released on August 3, 2006) tells users to download man-pages 2.34 (two releases old at that time). LFS-6.3 is expected to be released in two months or so, thus a one-year period before moving tarballs to "Old" should be enough even for stable LFS books (and if we agree on that, I'll close http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/ticket/2037 as invalid).

Thanks for cooperation.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov