Re: [linux-pm] Re: [linux-lvm] 2.6.22-rc4 XFS fails after hibernate/resume

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Fri Jun 29 2007 - 09:11:27 EST

On Friday, 29 June 2007 09:54, David Greaves wrote:
> David Chinner wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 08:40:00AM +0100, David Greaves wrote:
> >> What happens if a filesystem is frozen and I hibernate?
> >> Will it be thawed when I resume?
> >
> > If you froze it yourself, then you'll have to thaw it yourself.
>
> So hibernate will not attempt to re-freeze a frozen fs and, during resume, it
> will only thaw filesystems that were frozen by the suspend?

Right now it doesn't freeze (or thaw) any filesystems. It just sync()s them
before creating the hibernation image.

However, the fact that you've seen corruption with the XFS filesystems frozen
before the hibernation indicates that the problem occurs on a lower level.

Greetings,
Rafael

--
"Premature optimization is the root of all evil." - Donald Knuth