run_posix_cpu_timers panic on v2.6.22-rc6

From: Simon Kirby
Date: Sun Jul 01 2007 - 03:41:50 EST

Having recently upgraded our Asterisk server, I figured it would be a
good time to try a NO_HZ kernel. Everything was running well, until...
it decided to panic.

All I have is a fuzzy picture of the console to work from. The panic
was a fatal exception in interrupt, with EIP within run_posix_cpu_timers.
I can't quite read the offsets, but the stack backtrace was:

run_rebalance_domains
scheduler_tick
tick_periodic
tick_handle_periodic
smp_apic_timer_interrupt
apic_timer_interrupt
default_idle
default_idle
cpu_idle
start_kernel

Seeing as this is all new code and the box has been otherwise stable for
the past 3 years, there is probably a problem stil lurking in the NO_HZ
code somewhere. But, it looks like I don't have any other info. I'll
try to get a better shot of the Oops next time...

Simon-