Re: 2.6.21.5 june 30th to july 1st date hang?

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Tue Jul 03 2007 - 17:03:00 EST

Chris Friesen wrote:

Setting the date to just before midnight June 30 UTC and then running the following as root triggered the crash on a modified 2.6.10. Anyone see anything wrong with the code below, or is this a valid indication of a bug in the leap second code?

As a further data point, the test app triggers problems on x86 uniprocessor and SMP as well as arm uniprocessor. On ppc64 we see the leap second being added, but it doesn't hang, while on ppc we don't even see the leap second being added--leading me to wonder if the leap second code even works for ppc32.

The above is all for modified 2.6.10.

Chris