CRAMFS support for 4KB page NAND FLASH

From: sasin
Date: Thu Jul 05 2007 - 00:52:57 EST

Trying to boot off CRAMFS on a 4KB page NAND FLASH (new device), I ran
into the "wrong magic" issue. MTD's nand_read
(drivers/mtd/nand/nand_base.c) is returning the right data.
cramfs_fill_supper calls cramfs_read (fs/cramfs/inode.c) which reads 4
pages and the 1st page of data gets corrupted. If I set
BLKS_PER_BUF_SHIFT in this file to 0 instead of 2, so that only 1 page
is read, the data is uncorrupted and the magic value matches but it
crashes later (comments say that this values should be 2 or higher, so
this is not surprising).

So are 4KB-page devices supported by CRAMFS?

I'm using linux 2.6.20.1 for ARM.