Re: Liunx power consumption on laptops -- Enormous progress in the last few months

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Mon Jul 09 2007 - 13:51:19 EST

Chuck Ebbert wrote:
On 07/06/2007 12:35 PM, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
Where is the ondemand-fix.patch? I can't find any link to it.
just click on it in the graph ;_

it's also http://www.linuxpowertop.org/patches/ondemand-fix.patch (which
is submitted already to the maintainers)

Ah, OK, that one just went into the latest Fedora 7 kernel.

All this information makes it obvious that even though upgrades are painful (given slow laptop disks, *really* painful), it looks as if there are major benefits to be gained.

Thanks for sharing the information.

As improved as USB drivers are, I assume that unloading the drivers is still desirable if no USB hardware is in use.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>