Re: ata and netdev (was Re: -mm merge plans for 2.6.23)

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Tue Jul 10 2007 - 14:57:34 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:42:16 -0400
Jeff Garzik <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

(just to provide my indicator of status)

Thanks.

libata-add-irq_flags-to-struct-pata_platform_info-fix.patch
are other pata_platform people happy with this? I don't know embedded well enough to know if adding this struct member will break things.

This is just a silly remove-unneeded-cast-of-void* cleanup. I wrote this
as a fixup against
libata-add-irq_flags-to-struct-pata_platform_info.patch with the intention
of folding it into that base patch, but you went and merged the submitter's
original patch so this trivial fixup got stranded in -mm. Feel free to give
it the piss-off-too-trivial treatment.

I'm sorry, I didn't look closely enough. I was referring to the add-irq-flags patch itself, not your small fix.

ata-ahci-alpm-store-interrupt-value.patch
ata-ahci-alpm-expose-power-management-policy-option-to-users.patch
ata-ahci-alpm-enable-link-power-management-for-ata-drivers.patch
ata-ahci-alpm-enable-aggressive-link-power-management-for-ahci-controllers.patch

These appear to need some work.
seemed mostly OK to me. what comments did I miss?

Oh, I thought these were the patches which affected scsi and which James
had issues with. I guess I got confused.

hrm. ISTR James wanted some cleanups, Kristen did some cleanups, then looking at the cleanups decided they were needed / appropriate at this time.

Anyway, these are in my mbox queue and the libata portions (of which the code is the majority) seem OK. Need to give them a final review.

Jeff