Re: Reading a physical memory location

From: Manu Abraham
Date: Tue Jul 10 2007 - 18:02:36 EST

On 7/10/07, vraghavan3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <vraghavan3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. But I was wondering as to why I would have to map
the physical address to the virtual address when I know that the string is
permanently in the physical memory because its loaded into flash. Is there a way
to directly read from the physical memory location? Also, do the functions
ioremap() and readl(va) work when called from within a kernel module?

Of course, if you look at almost any of the memory mapped device
drivers, you will find that ioremap/readl/writel is the backbone of
your infrastructure.

Manu