Re: Gmail and flowed text (was Re: Correction to LZO1X)

From: Satyam Sharma
Date: Wed Jul 11 2007 - 11:11:57 EST

On 7/11/07, Satyam Sharma <satyam.sharma@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On 7/11/07, Gerb Stralko <gerb.stralko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> This link will help:
> http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/pine/pc/#gmail
>
> Scroll down untill you see a yellow box section that say:
> Gmail Tips
> * If you want to use the Gmail SMTP server for your outgoing
> messages, I recommend that you create a Pine Role that includes these
> ACTIONS:

Ok, I read through the relevant bits of that page, thanks. My box
here doesn't resolve smtp.gmail.com / pop.gmail.com and there
could be firewalling issues on top of that, so I'm not too hopeful ...
but I'll give it a try definitely.

I tried adding the IP address for {smtp,pop}.gmail.com directly to
my /etc/hosts, finally just substituted with the IP address itself in
pine (as suggested on that link), but couldn't connect. I should've
expected, with the evil NAT setup that I mentioned earlier ... all
boxes here have private addresses (only) assigned to them, and
connect to the outside world via a (squid/web) proxy ... Ick.
[The proxy does allow CONNECT so some hope is left still.]

Thanks for suggestions,

Satyam