Re: acpi regression on some laptops

From: Alessandro Zummo
Date: Wed Jul 11 2007 - 18:01:36 EST

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:17:25 -0400
Chuck Ebbert <cebbert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I'm trying to debug it.. any help/pointers are appreciated. I dont't
> > have a deep knowledge of the subsystems involved.
>
> What options did you try?
>
> nohpet
> nohz=off
> highres=off
>
> Should be tried in various combinations.

Hi,

I tried all the permutations of the above with the same result:
the kernel hangs at NET: Registering protocol family 2.

With nolapic it hangs at APIC: Using PIC for interrupt routing

With acpi=off it boots but, obviously, everything acpi related
does not work.

anything else I can try? The laptop does not have a serial port,
so I can't capture the dmesg output.

--

Best regards,

Alessandro Zummo,