Re: 2.6.22-rc6-mm1 -- BUG - EIP: [<c01a77a1>] sysfs_addrm_finish+0x1c2/0x226 SS:ESP 0068:c5ff9db8

From: Miles Lane
Date: Thu Jul 12 2007 - 04:25:30 EST

Tejun,

I tried 2.6.22-rc6-mm1 + your latest patch, and it failed to boot.
Unfortunately, the machine limped along and am unable to capture
the initial BUG or OOPS. I'll try to get a serial connection set up for
debugging tomorrow, but I am very busy with other stuff. It would be
great if you could test your own build with the .config file I initially sent
to you for the original BUG: issue. If you would like me to resend the
.config, just let me know.

Miles

On 7/11/07, Tejun Heo <htejun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Miles Lane wrote:
> Does this patch replace or add to the last patch you sent me?
> I'll try applying them with --dry-run and assume that if #1 + #2
> doesn't apply cleanly, then you only want me to test with this
> latest patch.

This replaces the old one. Just revert the old one and apply this one.

> I'll be able to test this later this evening. I've had house guests and
> so haven't been available the last few days.

Yeap, I'll wait for the result. Thanks a lot.

--
tejun