Re: x86 status was Re: -mm merge plans for 2.6.23

From: Roman Zippel
Date: Thu Jul 12 2007 - 22:23:37 EST

Hi,

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Sure, bugs happen, but code that everybody runs the same generally doesn't
> break. So a CPU scheduler doesn't worry me all that much. CPU schedulers
> are "easy".

A little more advance warning wouldn't have hurt though.
The new scheduler does _a_lot_ of heavy 64 bit calculations without any
attempt to scale that down a little...
One can blame me now for not having it brought up earlier, but discussions
with Ingo are not something I'm looking forward to. :(

bye, Roman