Re: On current git head webservers stopped working

From: walt
Date: Fri Jul 13 2007 - 09:52:30 EST

Jens Axboe wrote:
On Fri, Jul 13 2007, Gabriel C wrote:
Hello ,

While doing some tests with 2.6.22-git2 ( at the time head
4eb6bf6bfb580afaf1e1a1d30cba17a078530cf4 ) all my webservers stopped
working.
I can't get any file using wget or whatever else , everything hangs
after 1% forever.

I bisected this and here the result:

534f2aaa6ab07cd71164180bc958a7dcde41db11 is first bad commit
commit 534f2aaa6ab07cd71164180bc958a7dcde41db11
Author: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri Jun 1 14:52:37 2007 +0200

sys_sendfile: switch to using ->splice_read, if available

Does this work?
<patch snipped>

Hi Jens,
I was hoping this patch would fix a different problem caused by the
same merge of 'splice-2.6.23' three days ago, but it didn't.

When I run nfsd on the latest git kernel, it serves up what seems to
be the wrong inodes for every fetched file. I can navigate the served
directory structure with no problems, but the contents of any file I
fetch are completely unrelated to the real contents.

Does this suggest a possible cause or fix?

Thanks.