Re: Documentation of kernel messages (Summary)

From: Rob Landley
Date: Fri Jul 13 2007 - 14:06:21 EST

On Friday 13 July 2007 6:53:21 am Alan Cox wrote:
> > One thing that would be a VERY good idea is to make sure that each
> > translated document is tagged with when it was last translated, and
> > against which kernel version (using either a GIT commit id or a
>
> The English versions need a last updated too, that way we would know when
> they are past their best before date (as most of them are)

You can get this out of git annotate. (Or in my case, hg annotate from
http://kernel.org/hg/linux-2.6 .)

Cleaning up Documentation is on my todo list, but for this month I'm trying to
integrate the existing Documentation files with things like the OLS papers,
linux journal articles, lwn.net kernel articles, man-pages, and so on into
one big index. (Indexing it requires reading large chunks of it. My brain
hurts.)

If there's interest, I can push some patches to clean up Documentation by
moving files into subdirectories, but Documentation's not well-suited to link
out to the web. (You need html for that, and it's text.)

Rob
- Ken Thompson.