Re: libata [ata_piix] still no resume from S3 ?

From: Rúben Fonseca
Date: Sat Jul 14 2007 - 17:07:44 EST

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007, Tejun Heo wrote:

> Rúben Fonseca wrote:
> > Hi to all!
> >
> > I'm on Debian Sid with kernel 2.6.21 and I still can't resume my laptop
> > (Sony Vaio SZ2) from S3. Searched on the archive and it seems that SATA
> > drives are getting problems when used via the "new" libata. When the
> > laptop tries to resume, it can't access the hard drive anymore (the LED
> > never blinks), the filesystem is mounted read-only and of course, the
> > system hangs. I still can see a "Lost interrupt" apearing on my LCD when
> > it is resuming. Sometimes it is IRQ 22, other times it is IRQ 23.
> >
> > Is this still a know problem? Does 2.6.22 solve this already? If you
> > need more information about my environment, please ask :)
>
> Actually, 'lost interrupt' is from the "old" IDE driver. Care to give a
> shot at the new one?

Sorry, it was my mistake. Here's more info about the problem.
I had to copy "by hand" the trace, so I remove the hexadecimal parts
(if you need them, please ask i Will try to copy them too). For now
I just want to know if you can diagnose this problem, or need more info.
So here's the interesting (I think) part of the log after resume:

irq 23: nobody cared (try booting with the "irqpool" option)
__report_bad_irq
note_interrupt
handle_IRQ_event
handle_fasteoi_irq
do_IRQ
do_IRQ
irq_exit
smp_acpi_timer
common_interrupt
acpi_pm_read
getnstimeofday
ktime_get_ts
ktime_egt
tick_nohz_restart_sched_tick
cpu_idle
start_kernel
unkown_bootoption
=====
handlers:
(ata_interrupt [libata])
(tifm_7xx1_isr [tifm_7xx1])
Disabling IRQ #23
(...)
ATA: abnormal status 0x7F on port 0x000118cf

And hard drive never cames up.. have to hard reboot the machine..
Does it help?

Ruben

--
Will work for bandwidth