Re: PROBLEM: kernel hang in ohci init

From: Satyam Sharma
Date: Sun Jul 15 2007 - 07:29:49 EST

On 7/15/07, Satyam Sharma <satyam.sharma@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 7/15/07, Timo Lindemann <tlindemann@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> > Does the current kernel.org GIT tree do the same thing? A bunch
> > of USB patches were recently merged, including ISTR one in that
> > area ...
> It does the same thing, git5, that is. Sorry I took so long, but I didnt
> get to testing this earlier.
>
> It is just odd that up to (not including) the 2.6.21-series every kernel
> boots, and after that, they just freeze.

There could be another thing, of course. The kernel sources (or .config)
needn't be the only variable here -- if you're using the "old" kernel image
for the 2.6.20 kernel that works, it could be the case that perhaps you've
upgraded userspace packages (compiler/toolchain) in the meanwhile
that's causing this breakage ... so to test, try compiling the 2.6.20 on
your system again (with same .config) and see if it works now ...