Re: [2.6 patch] drivers/mmc/core/: make 4 functions static

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Sun Jul 15 2007 - 12:52:58 EST

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 01:56:02 +0200
Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This patch makes the following needlessly global functions static:
> - sd_ops.c: mmc_wait_for_app_cmd()
> - core.c: mmc_start_request()

I am a bit torn about these two. Even though we don't cater to
out-of-tree stuff, having these as exported symbols shows that they are
part of the API. Removing them might risk people going about doing
something silly because they don't know the functionality exists, and
we might not spot it at patch review time.

Rgds
--
-- Pierre Ossman

Linux kernel, MMC maintainer http://www.kernel.org