Re: Patches for REALLY TINY 386 kernels

From: Satyam Sharma
Date: Sun Jul 15 2007 - 19:28:46 EST

[ the off-topic zillion-ways-to-do-same-thing-in-*nix sub-thread ]

On 7/16/07, Arnd Bergmann <arnd@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday 16 July 2007, Satyam Sharma wrote:
> > Yeah. I was going for the general principle :)
>
> Even simpler to add --exclude-from=.gitignore to diff

Or build in a separate object directory, using the O=$my_objdir
Kbuild option. That has a number of addition advantages, e.g.
you can easily clean your object files using 'rm -rf $my_objdir'
and if you grep -r the source, you don't find your search string
in generated files.

Or just "cp -al" to create multiple trees at (almost) no disk cost
that won't interfere with each other in any way, and makes the
development process / generating patchsets trifle easier as well ...

Or best of all, just start using git if you can ...

... ok, back to work now.

Satyam