Re: [Question] Hooks for scheduler tracing (CFS)

From: Remy Bohmer
Date: Mon Jul 16 2007 - 16:17:20 EST

Hello Arjan,

Thanks for this suggestion.
But I looked at Systemtap before, and as I remember, it is very
flexible, but it only traces function calls. (or am I missing
something?)
I also need this scheduler-tracer, besides for fully fledged X86
systems, also for ARM based boards also with a very minimal userland,
and limited flash. So, it has to be lightweight also. I can only use
cross-compilers to build the tools... (something Systemtap is not good
at as I remember...)

So, I am missing something here, or it is unfortunately not what I am
looking for...

Kind Regards,

Remy

2007/7/16, Arjan van de Ven <arjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 21:46 +0200, Remy Bohmer wrote:
> So I was wondering if anybody knows some tool/kernel mechanism which
> can do this?
> If not, I will build a kernel extension for it myself (new extension
> to 'latency_trace' ?)

systemtap has been able to do such things for me in the past...

--
if you want to mail me at work (you don't), use arjan (at)
linux.intel.com