Re: [patch] CFS scheduler, -v19

From: Markus
Date: Tue Jul 17 2007 - 09:07:23 EST

> could you please send me the cfs-debug-info output nevertheless?
private mail (4,9K)

> > Nothing is printed for a disapeared app for me.
> >
> > Is there anything more I can try?
>
> sure - could you start one of those apps via:
>
> strace -ttt -TTT -o trace.log -f <app>
>
> and wait for it to "disappear"? Then compress the trace.log via
bzip2 -9
> (it's probably going to be a really large file) and send me it?
private mail, aswell (187K)

When attachments are allowed, I can resend them on the list as well (or
just ask me...)

To answer a private mail: I do not use any kernel-module thats not part
of the official kernel!
And of course nothing proprietary
# cat /proc/sys/kernel/tainted
0

I used gcc-4.1.2 (glibc-2.5-r4) to build the kernels. (Its a amd64
system, quite stable so far.)

Programs that "disappeared" are most graphical, because others I have
not noticed so far... also [1] might be caused by this...
amarok, kdesktop, whole X, konqueror, konsole but also gtk-apps

Markus

[1] http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/07/14/64