Re: e100 PCI bridge problem

From: Kok, Auke
Date: Tue Jul 17 2007 - 14:55:30 EST

William Montgomery wrote:
Krzysztof Halasa wrote:

William Montgomery <william@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I am using a PCI analyzer and it shows the bus in an idle state after
the lockup. The PCI transactions just prior to the lockup show a
couple of interrupts from the card which appear to be handled
correctly. Anything I should be looking for in particular?

I'd try to check with other machine using "secondary" bus slot.
BTW: Are you able to analyze the "primary" bus transactions while
using the card in "secondary" bus? Perhaps there is something
wrong in front of the motherboard bridge?

I am able to analyze the primary bus while the using the card in the secondary and I see a very interesting thing on lockup - the primary side appears to be stuck on a read access to the memory mapped control regs of the LAN chip (82559) in what appears to be infinite target retries to the same address. Unfortunately I havent been able to capture what occurs just prior to this happening. This is quite different from what I capture on the secondary side; which is an idle bus

I have posted the lspci -vv listing below...

A broken motherboard may be hard to diagnose, unfortunately.

Can you post something like "lspci -vv" taken on both machines?

Here is the lspci -vv on the machine with lockups (edited for brevity):

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE/PE DRAM Controller/Ho
Subsystem: Intel Corp. 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE/PE DRAM Controller/Host
Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Step

PERR+ set... not good - this certainly will cause major issues

Auke