Re: Containers: css_put() dilemma

From: Paul Menage
Date: Wed Jul 18 2007 - 19:16:12 EST

On 7/17/07, Balbir Singh <balbir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thinking out loud again, can we add can_destroy() callbacks?

What would the exact semantics of such a callback be?

Since for proper interaction with release agents we need the subsystem
to notify the framework when a subsystem object becomes releasable
(currently as part of css_put()), what would a can_destroy() callback
let you do that you couldn't do just by taking an extra css refcount
to prevent destruction and releasing that refcount to allow
destruction?

Paul