Re: regression: disk error loop (panic?) ide_do_rw_disk-bad:

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Jul 18 2007 - 19:21:34 EST

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:

> Thanks for finding and fixing this.
>
> The latest patch (with additional cleanups) also looks good and should be
> safe enough (unchanged behavior for all non-pc requests) to merge it now.
>
> Acked-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@xxxxxxxxx>

Ok, Jens - mind signing off on the patch you sent out, and writing an
explanatory message? Feel free to just crib from my explanation of my
original patch, or whatever.

And it would be beautiful if people who saw the bad behaviour before
reverting the ide.c changes were to go back to that broken state, and try
the patch, and just verify that it acts like it should (ie you should see
just a few error messages, and it shouldn't cause the IDE layer to go
ballistic any more).

Linus