Re: [2.6 patch] kernel/sched.c: remove 2 unused exports

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Thu Jul 19 2007 - 04:44:59 EST

* Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 09:22:33PM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> >
> > * Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > This patch removes the following unused exports:
> > > - EXPORT_SYMBOL(cond_resched_softirq);
> > > - EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(__wake_up_sync);
> >
> > these are there for API completeness - their counterparts are exported.
>
> Why is something with a comment "For internal use only" part of the
> API?

yeah, you are right about __wake_up_sync. We'll likely remove sync
wakeups anyway, and the export is GPL, so it's not a big issue.

The point remains for cond_resched_softirq() though - it's a symmetric
export to cond_resched()'s export. (I think you should smarten your
scripts about such 'API family' exports, to avoid false positives.)

Ingo