Re: [RFC] Kconfig fun with sparc32/sparc64 rtc drivers

From: David Miller
Date: Sun Jul 22 2007 - 01:54:25 EST

From: Al Viro <viro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 06:43:56 +0100

> seems to imply that CONFIG_RTC has no business whatsoever on sparc64 builds,
> let alone in defconfig - JavaStation had never gone sparc64. OTOH, we
> have explicit scanning ISA bus in addition to EBUS in drivers/char/rtc.c
> in case of __sparc_v9__, so it looks like help above ought to be changed.
> OTTH, the isa-scanning code looks odd - for comparison, FreeBSD has
> the same logics for ebus (looks for node called "rtc"), but the isa probe
> in the same driver (sys/sparc64/sparc64/rtc.c) is

It doesn't get built on sparc64 any more.

If you look at the current tree:

1) we handle all of the sparc64 RTC stuff in arch/sparc64/kernel/time
2) all the __sparc_v9__ crap is removed from drivers/char/rtc.c
3) all the __sparc__ crap is changed to CONFIG_SPARC32 in same
4) CONFIG_RTC is not longer allows on sparc64, only sparc32 with PCI