Re: [GIT PULL] Trivial sh64 updates for 2.6.23-rc1

From: Jan Dittmer
Date: Mon Jul 23 2007 - 02:38:37 EST

Paul Mundt wrote:
On Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 06:39:08PM +0200, Jan Dittmer wrote:
Paul Mundt wrote:
It's known that empty objects require explicit tuning for the ABI,
however, this has never been anything that was fatal. If you flip
something on within each of those subsystems, does the error go away?
Yes, thanks this fixes it. Would you accept a patch to modify the
defconfig so that it builds by default? Would be most useful for
my pet project (http://l4x.org/k/). A fixed toolchain would of course
also be nice.

I'll certainly apply patches that help getting it building, so feel free
to send updates for that. As I also noted, the empty object thing is
non-fatal with my toolchain, so I'd also appreciate it if you could put
a tarball of yours up somewhere so this is a bit easier to verify. I
suspect this is just something we're going to have to change in binutils,
however.

You can find it here:

http://l4x.org/~jdittmer/sh64-linux-binutils-2.17-gcc-4.1.3pre.tar.bz2

binutils 2.17.50.0.17 (from ftp.kernel.org)
gcc 4.1.3 prerelease (svn, fixes a build bug for sh64)

Jan