Re: [BUG] firewire: mass-storage i/o-problems

From: Manuel Lauss
Date: Mon Jul 23 2007 - 04:45:24 EST

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 09:40:21AM +0200, Stefan Richter wrote:
> Manuel Lauss wrote:
> > I too experience these bugs with the new fw stack; this time with a TI
> > OHCI-1394a combo chip in 2 different laptops and a Via 1394 pci addon card.
> > The target is a an external hd enclosure with an Oxford Semi chip.
>
> Thanks for the info. Then there is definitely a driver problem. It is
> essential that I (and Kristian) find a way to reproduce it.

I noticed the failures start when there are 2 concurrent disk accesses
(copy something from fw disk on shell 1 and it runs fine; start to
copy something TO the fw disk on shell 2 and a "management write failed"
error appears after 1-2 sec. with the orb timeout after a looong time)
I didn't investigate it further and switched back to the old stack.

Thanks,
Manuel Lauss