Re: updatedb

From: Rene Herman
Date: Thu Jul 26 2007 - 03:51:21 EST

On 07/26/2007 08:23 AM, Andika Triwidada wrote:

On 7/26/07, Rene Herman <rene.herman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

RAM intensive? If I run updatedb here, it never grows itself beyond 2M.
Yes, two. I'm certainly willing to accept that me and my systems are possibly not the reference but assuming I'm _very_ special hasn't done
much for me either in the past.

Might be insignificant, but updatedb calls find (~2M) and sort (~26M).

It does? My updatedb certainly doesn't seem to (slackware 12.0). It's using "Secure Locate". Different distributions using different versions of locate it seems?

Rene.