Re: Source organization for two drivers sharing coomon code

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Fri Jul 27 2007 - 15:13:16 EST

Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Jul 27 2007 10:17, Subbu Seetharaman wrote:

What is the recommended way for two drivers to share common code ?
<snip>...The source code for these dirvers will fit under drivers/net and drivers/scsi. But both drivers share some common code.

You could create (in total) three modules, e.g. my-common.ko,
my-net.ko and my-scsi.ko, of which the latter two use functions from the first.

Where would the common code live, in such a case? Would you just pick one of the two locations at random, or put it in drivers/misc or maybe lib?

Chris