ttyS1: LSR safety check engaged! - misidentification?

From: Christian P. Schmidt
Date: Sun Jul 29 2007 - 11:28:16 EST

Hi all,

Ever since Kernel 2.6.21(rc) or so I'm plagued with this message,
disabling my serial ports that have been working perfectly from 2.6.14
till that day (and are still doing so, given that I continuously remove
the code from the source).
Actually I cannot blame the code, but it seems that on both of my
laptops the LSR is actually not readable. So, is there any plan to
remove that piece of code again, or at least change it so it can be
disabled conditionally?

Regards,
Christian