Re: [2.6.23-rc1 REGRESSION] CPU hotplug totally broken on HPC nx6325(x86_64)

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Jul 30 2007 - 21:51:24 EST

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007, Chris Wright wrote:

> This also fixes paravirt patching which was broken when text_poke()
> tried to patch the various pv ops in lookup_address.

Hmm. What is "this"? The revert?

That said, I do wonder whether virtualization still has problems with
CONFIG_RODATA, though. We limit the RODATA memory ranges based on KPROBES
and HOTPLUG_CPU, but not based on VIRTUALIZATION.

I'd expect any virtualization fixups to hit the same problems that the SMP
alternatives hit. No?

Linus