Gericom Webboy Laptop Mouse/Touchpad

From: Daniel Mierswa
Date: Tue Jul 31 2007 - 15:54:19 EST

Hi there,
i'm having troubles getting my mouse and/or touchpad to work with 2.6.21.5 (and older ones). It's putting the following line into dmesg everytime the laptop gets lots of I/O or cpu load.
"psmouse.c: Wheel Mouse at isa0060/serio4/input0 lost synchronization, throwing 2 bytes away."
This happens for the touchpad and a newly brought PS/2 mouse. The cursor (be it gpm or X11) acts weird as in jumping around and clicking around without doing anything to it. As i searched about the string on google i found various tipps by removing ACPI (or even PM) from the kernel and retry.
I've tried following setups:
No Power Management
ACPI
APM
other clocksources (pit, tsc, acpi_pm)
The problem still exists and seems to occur as i've mentioned on lots of disk i/o and/or cpu load.
This is a laptop which is not supported by the manufactur anymore (seems to be a Gericom Webboy). I would appreciate any tips to debug this further.
Please post back for any additional information you need.

Thanks in advance.

--
MfG
Mierswa, Daniel