Re: [linux-dvb] SAA7160/2

From: Steven Toth
Date: Wed Aug 01 2007 - 08:04:05 EST

Manu Abraham wrote:
Hi All,

After a bit of talks with NXP, they stated that if shown enough of a
user base (future business forecast) for the SAA7160 / SAA7162 PCIe
chipset, they would take into consideration, an investment into
support, such that the chips can be better supported.

ie, i need to provide them information that there is some significant
numbers in the user base.
Additionally, vendors such as Azurewave are ready to help us as well,
in whatever way they can.

Any ideas, how we can show user support in terms of a future business
case ? Comments appreciated.

Hi manu,

Hauppauge deal with NXP on a daily basis. We have a number of 716x products either in the market or coming to market and we can add some leverage.

I can push this through our FAE and account manager. Who's your contact at NXP that we should make reference to?

Email me privately and we can work together on this.

Regards,

Steve