Re: Linux Kernel cfs scheduler and xorg kbd

From: Indan Zupancic
Date: Wed Aug 01 2007 - 09:07:39 EST

On Wed, August 1, 2007 14:50, Rene Herman wrote:
> On 08/01/2007 02:34 PM, Indan Zupancic wrote:
>
>> On Wed, August 1, 2007 13:01, Rene Herman wrote:
>
>>> Teresa was already using 2.6.22.1, with CFS (v19.1) patched in, so reverting
>>> that would be a matter of patching it out again. She said she wasn't seeing
>>> trouble on other kernels though.
>>>
>>> I was the one who also saw keyboard trouble on 2.6.22.1 without CFS by the
>>> way -- and haven't (yet) seen any anymore since patching _in_ CFS v19.1...
>>
>> Could the people who had or have keyboard problems try out Dmitry's
>> input locking patches, and see if those help: http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/7/24/17
>> And if it does, report it to him, either there or here after CCing him.
>
> I'm having trouble reproducing this at will -- it sounded as though Teresa
> had less trouble at least originally. Teresa?

Same here, so testing is a pain. I was more thinking about running a patched
version for a day or longer and see if it happened or not. For me it happened
irregularly, but definitely a few times a day.

(It might help if people report what they're using. So, for what it's worth, I'm
using a PS/2 keyboard with xorg 1.2.0 with the "keyboard" driver.)

Greetings,

Indan