Re: CS5530 Alsa driver fails

From: RafaÅ Bilski
Date: Wed Aug 01 2007 - 14:51:38 EST

Hi RafaÅ,
It seems that you're already using irq 9 for another device, and as Alan says
the cs5530 audio device doesn't seem to do irq sharing. It seems to me that you
need to go into your BIOS settings at startup and tell the device to use an irq
line that's not already in use by some other device. Can you please let me know
if this works?
Sorry, I should mention earlier that this is Wyse 3360SE. I don't know how to enter BIOS (if there is any).
The ALSA CS5530 driver is one that I ported from Alan's OSS Kahlua driver, so
there may be some things that I've missed. If the above advice doesn't work,
please confirm whether or not the device is functioning correctly in your
current set up with Alan's original OSS driver.
I will give up. I didn't checked code earlier. This driver is using SMM. Probably firmware isn't what it should be, or I have overwritten it when I was flashing Linux. I see in datasheet that it isn't possible to write driver in other way. Sadly sound card is generating SMI only.

Thanks,

Ash

Thank You
RafaÅ