Complete freeze if high traffic on standard serial line on ia32?

From: Etienne Lorrain
Date: Fri Aug 03 2007 - 05:36:34 EST

Hi,

I can reliably (6 times in one hour) freeze completely (Scroll lock/Caps lock
flashing together, mouse frozen in X) my PC (AMD sempron on MSI K8MM3-V K8M800
Socket 754) by doing an FTP using a standard modem connected on the serial port
of the motherboard, and a bit of browsing (i.e. machine not loaded).
That happens on standard Fedora 7 kernel and on the latest 23-rc1 kernel, and
doesn't happen on a Puppy Linux 2.17 bootable CDROM.

Etienne.