Re: 2.6.23-rc1 regression: hwmon/w83627ehf: wrong fan speed

From: Stefan Richter
Date: Sun Aug 05 2007 - 10:51:38 EST

Mark M. Hoffman wrote:
> It's more likely the patch before that:
>
> hwmon/w83627ehf: Preserve speed reading when changing fan min

I reverted this patch alone and rebooted, still the same problem.
After reboot:
0 RPM for case fan,
correct CPU fan speed, drops to 1/16 after kmsensors' first refresh
After unloading and reloading the driver:
correct speed of case fan,
correct CPU fan speed, drops to 1/16 after kmsensors' first refresh

> I'll reexamine the patch series here. If you have time, it would help if you
> could do a git bisect. Use this command:
>
> $ git bisect start v2.6.23-rc2 v2.6.22-rc5 drivers/hwmon/w83627ehf.c
>
> Doing it this way will force you to reboot between tests; I think we would
> need that anyway.

I'll try to reserve the time for that on some evening next week.
Thanks,
--
Stefan Richter