Re: Documentation of kernel messages (Summary)

From: Rob Landley
Date: Mon Aug 06 2007 - 11:36:35 EST

On Saturday 04 August 2007 3:04:33 pm Stefan Richter wrote:
> Rob Landley wrote:
> > Documentation is merely one resource among many, and
> > to link _out_ you need HTML.
>
> Do you suggest HTML files in linux/Documentation?

I've thought about it, but right now Documentation is text. Converting all
the existing text files to html is a fairly intrusive change, and having
multiple file formats in there seems even more untidy. (What next, pdf?).

I'm aware there are some docbook files in there, plus an ancient graphic file,
plus the bloody stains of various chicken sacrificies, but the point would be
how best to clean it up...

> I think we can follow
> URIs and other references in plaintext files just fine.

Go for it. Have fun. I'll be over here.

Rob
- Ken Thompson.