Re: Documentation files in html format?

From: Bodo Eggert
Date: Thu Aug 09 2007 - 09:29:39 EST

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> On Aug 9 2007 14:34, Bodo Eggert wrote:

> >I don't think <b> and <i> should be used, instead you should use styles
> >(<span class="code"> etc).
>
> <b> does the same as <span style="font-weight: bold;">, and the latter is much
> more verbose for the same thing.

You shoud use neither. It's OK on homepages, but for documents, you should
be able to change the formating using stylesheet.

> >Things like <em> and <strong> should be OK, if used consistently.
> >
> >> Perhaps maybe <p class="block"> with .block{text-align:justify;}
> >> because that looks nice in general.
> >
> >If you like that, you can say "p {text-align:justify;}" in the default
> >stylesheet. (And if people would override the alignment, class="block"
> >would be the wrong name).
>
> Oh that comes because MS Office calls it "Blocksatz" in German ;-)

I missed that point. What I wanted to say was: If the user overrides
":justify", it would still be called "justified", which would be not
justified.-)
--
"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you
least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of