Re: joydev.c and saitek cyborg evo force

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Sat Aug 11 2007 - 17:05:43 EST

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007, Renato Golin wrote:

> fixes perfectly. But it probably breaks the output range and kills the
> force-feedback.

Thanks for testing.

Force feedback functionality shouldn't be influenced in any means by this
patch - FF implementation doesn't care about the values of the
input_dev->abs{max,min,fuzz,flat}.

But it is questionable whether your joystick is fully compliant with PID
protocol or it implements some sort of vendor-specific one.

> I couldn't find fftest for debian (the package with jstest doesn't
> have it) but I'll compile and run here to test.

Thanks.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs