[BUG] 2.6.23-rc3 won't boot on alpha

From: Bob Tracy
Date: Tue Aug 14 2007 - 22:43:25 EST

Unfortunately, I can't say where the bug was introduced, as this is
the first kernel I've tried on my Alpha since 2.6.22-rc7. Best guess
is somewhere between .23-rc1 and .23-rc2, based on changes to files in
arch/alpha/boot in that patch set. The problem happens early: aboot
starts to load vmlinux.gz, and I get an "unzip: invalid exec header"
error. There's an earlier error from aboot I can't quote exactly, but
the template from aboot (bootlx) is:

aboot: Can't load kernel.
Memory at %lx - %lx (chunk %i) is %s

The first %lx is all zeros. The last %lx is all "F"s. The chunk
number is 1, and I *think* the %s is "busy".