Re: [linux-usb-devel] USB-related oops in sysfs with linuxv2.6.23-rc3-50-g28e8351

From: Alan Stern
Date: Wed Aug 15 2007 - 11:33:33 EST

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007, Tejun Heo wrote:

> Alan Stern wrote:
> > I think we can simply remove the error message. There's no obvious
> > reason why sysfs_remove_bin_file() should complain about attempts to
> > remove a nonexistent file; sysfs_remove_file() doesn't.
> >
> > This patch will get rid of the annoying error messages. It won't do
> > anything about your keyboard's tendency to spontaneously stop working,
> > alas.
>
> Agreed but I think sysfs_remove_bin_file() should relay the return value
> from sysfs_has_and_remove() to the caller.

Perhaps. But none of

sysfs_remove_one()
sysfs_remove_subdir()
sysfs_remove_dir()
sysfs_remove_file()
sysfs_remove_file_from_group()
sysfs_remove_group()
sysfs_remove_link()

return a value. Why should sysfs_remove_bin_file() be different? And
what callers would pay attention to the return value?

Alan Stern