Re: RFHelp: Splitting MAINTAINERS into maintainers/* and Makefile/Kconfig support

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Fri Aug 17 2007 - 10:47:20 EST

Hi Joe.

> > Perhaps with a little automation it could be revived,
>
> Which is the help I'm looking for.
>
> Can someone please help here on ideas or implementation
> adding a makefile target for MAINTAINERS from files
> in a specific subdirectory?

Adding a specific target på top-level Makefile is easy to
do so I assume you are looking for something more advanced?

And that part "more advanced" I do not know what is.
It is easy to traverse the tree and build up a file
and I think the easies is to do so in perl or similar.

Doing so using the normal kbuild machinery is not soo
good since it will be parallel and we want something serail
here.

If you define how the Maintainer info is stored we can work
out something.

Sam