Re: encrypted hibernation (was Re: Hibernation considerations)

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert
Date: Sat Aug 18 2007 - 15:38:10 EST

* Rafael J. Wysocki (rjw@xxxxxxx) wrote:
> On Sunday, 12 August 2007 01:43, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
> > * Pavel Machek (pavel@xxxxxx) wrote:
> > > Hi!

> Why exactly (assuming that the hibernation image is encrypted)?

I was assuming the hibernation image was not encrypted.
Certainly if it meant a penalty during normal operation (e.g. encrypted swap)
it wouldn't be.

(I have a small amount of encrypted data in a luks partition,
most of the time it isn't used, only rarely do apps have it open
and I'm not actually worried about crawling through swap to find out
what is there - this is just a personal laptop; I appreciate these
concerns are different depending what you are storing).

Dave
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha,68K| Happy \
\ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | MIPS,x86,ARM,SPARC,PPC & HPPA | In Hex /